KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced Head-Human Resources for a client, a consumer goods manufacturer based in – Zambia.
Purpose of the Job
The Head – Human Resources shall report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The Head – Human Resources will be responsible for developing, planning and implementing human resource daily operations, programs and policies as well as ensuring administrative and compliance duties are carried out successfully. He/she will also be responsible for planning and implementing HR & Talent Development strategy to ensure employee satisfaction and engagement company-wide, whilst optimizing resource requirements across the firm, supported by HR Officers in Commercial and Production operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Head – Human Resources role will carry out various functions both administrative and strategic. The core responsibilities will fall under the below six categories:
- Recruitment of top talent for all Company Departments, utilizing advertising campaigns, school and university relationships, and website presence to promote employment opportunities
- Screening candidates in preliminary interviews for final interviews by Heads of Departments
- Writing employee contracts and support to HODs in negotiating salary and benefits
- Manage onboarding documentation requirements for newly hired employees
- Collaboration with Heads of Departments with employee contract management, including employee contract changes in conditions, contract renewals and probation extensions, preparing resignation/termination acknowledgement letters and conducting exit interviews
- Research and make recommendations for improved employee retention; coordinate and implement staff retention initiatives where necessary
- Ensuring compliance with legal and cultural expectations when it comes to employee compensation
- Assist in payroll preparation by accurately collating and inputting relevant attendance data into our software database, such as new employees, departed employees, changes in conditions for existing staff contracts, loans/shortages, mid-month payments, etc.
- Ensure proper payroll administration practices are carried out by ensuring appropriate documentation is maintained and payslips are distributed timely to staff
- Discussing raises and other compensation increases and/or decreases with employees in the organization, calculating and distributing bonuses at end of the year
- Support CEO in a manpower cost plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management
Employee and Labour Relations
- Handles disciplinary management issues by counselling and advising employees, and counselling HODs and managers on issuing verbal warnings and warning letters; conduct investigations where necessary
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing staff demands, grievances or other issues; troubleshoot inquiries and conduct investigations where necessary; mediate disputes between employees and other employees as well as between employees and supervisors
- Handles cases of theft and any associated legal procedures
- Represents the company in labour-related court hearings and disputes
- Discussing employee rights with unions, management, and stakeholders; participate in union negotiations where necessary
- Develop and implement human resources policies and procedures; Counsels managers and employees in the interpretation and application of corporate policies and procedures.
- Acting as the voice of the organization and/or the voice of the employees during any broader organizational issues about employee welfare
- Remain visual on the production floor each week for employee communication and awareness & field HR inquiries
- Support CEO with development and implementation of an organizational culture that is positive, nurtures talent and helps staff feel a part of a successful, purpose-driven business and to see the impact they’re having through the work they do
- Support CEO with engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital, including dissemination of employee engagement surveys, coordinating team building events, etc.
Administration and Compliance:
- Provides day to day solutions, expert counsel and accurate and timely information to CEO and other management on Local and Industrial Employment Code Act compliance; Maintain compliance knowledge for all HR activities and practices,
- Supervises and/or completes on his/her own the compliance procedures required with statutory bodies such as (but not limited to) Ministry of Health, Lusaka City Council, NAPSA, ZEMA, Zambia Weights and Measures, NHIMA, etc.
- Update human resources databases by inputting information on new hires, resignations, terminations, paid leave, and sick leaves. Maintain personnel records using Belina computer software.
- Supervises and/or processes employees’ requests for paid leave, other leave and sick leave
- Manage worker’s compensation claims administration and safety committee support initiatives.
- Manage employee data to develop meaningful HR metrics to provide decision support to the CEO
Development & Training:
- Oversee new employee orientation training by providing information on company operations and culture, introductions to relevant departments and HR policies & procedures
- Support CEO with Training & Development initiatives including, but not limited to: assessing training needs of staff, coordinating and implementing quality, health and safety training and behavioural change, developing succession and
- 10+ years experience in a progressively responsible human resource role
- FMCG and/or manufacturing environment preferred, including combined 5+ years of experience in Labor Relations and Employee Relations and 5+ years of experience in a management and leadership role
- BA/BS in Human Resources or a related field, or comparable experience in lieu of degree;
- Broad knowledge and skills in Human Resources principles and practices including knowledge of Employment Code Act, staffing and recruitment practices, compensation & benefits, employee relations, policy development and implementation, talent development and supporting diversity
- Strong PC application skills including MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Member of ZIHRM
- Has hands-on experience with employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, investigations and court hearings
- Belina software experience a plus;
- Skills & Characteristics:
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, a strong depth of knowledge, provides a wide range of HR concepts and takes a leadership role in various HR initiatives and projects.
- Ability to listen well, comprehend and analyze situations; excellent critical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships within all areas of the company
- Can handle payroll information and personal information with sensitivity and care
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to motivate and inspire lower-level staff to achieve optimal performance. Able to pay close attention to detail and carry out basic, accurate calculations Embodies a strong work ethic
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by/before 4th February 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.