Ecobank Zambia is a full-service bank providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporate business segments within its branches.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class Pan-African bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Africa by providing customers with convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services. The bank is an affiliate of the Pan-Africa Leader Ecobank Group which is present in 33 Countries in Africa.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for an experienced professional in the following area:
Head Marketing, Media & Communication
DATE October 2020
GENERAL JOB INFORMATION
Job Title Head Marketing, Media & Communication
Reports to Head Consumer Banking
Direct Reports TBA
The Marketing, Media & Communication’s Manager will be responsible for coordinating marketing programs of Ecobank Zambia Bank in support of the Bank’s objectives and goals and also overseeing the Bank’s media and communications under the management and direction of the Head of Consumer Banking.
Under supervision of the Head of Consumer Banking in coordination with the business segments and product lines, serve as key partner for products marketing and as principal liaison officer to major stakeholders (media organizations, journalists – including chief editors, government officials, opinion leaders, civil society groups, academics, and banking and private sector groups) on bank business. Manage media relations.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of major communications products, including media briefs, briefings and speeches for management.
- Develop and manage the affiliate’s communication budget following approval from the Group Brands and Communication department within specific deadlines.
- Ensure strict implementation of the Group Band Manual on all sets of marketing and communication artwork advertising.
- Writing and editing of official content for the bank.
- Internal communications – promoting Mission and vision internally, develop PR material that consists of speeches, presentations, adverts.
- Build and maintain a positive image of the bank through positive engagement with staff, the media and other partners.
- Event organization/management – support branches and departments in event organization.
- Sponsorships – supporting community and social activities through liaison with branches and relevant Head Office Departments.
- Crisis communication management.
- Tracking and managing budgets for the department.
- Developing and implementing a country marketing strategy that highlights the core products strategy and positioning.
- Liaising with adverting agency to develop concepts for advertising, marketing and branding.
- Conducting market research on Bank’s image, standing against competition, Bank’s products offering and promotion.
- Coordinating various functions for the Bank including; lunches, cocktails, golf tournaments
- Coordinating with various suppliers on sourcing, designing and printing of promotional materials for the Bank.
- Liaising with branches and suppliers on production and placement of signage in appropriate places to enhance Bank’s ambience.
- Facilitating and coordinate placement of adverts in the Daily papers and suitable magazines.
- Managing the marketing budget to deliver agreed product revenue, cost profitability, sales volume and service quality targets.
- Develop monthly Brand & Communications update.
- Develop and organize relevant local community outreach programs in line with group strategy.
- Organize daily media monitoring and analysis of all news coverage of Ecobank Zambia.
- Implement internal communication in collaboration with Human Resources department of the affiliate and the Group Internal Communications Point Person.
- Provide the Group Brand & Communication Department with information, as needed, on Ecobank Zambia, local competition and other matters related to the country economy and social and political matters in Zambia.
- Contribute to the total effectiveness of the department by communicating openly and ensure that information from Group Office is duly distributed to specified persons or entities.
- Handle procurement especially for promotional items and distribution of such items to define targets (customers, partners, etc…) in line with Group standards.
- Provide monthly reporting to Group Head of Brand and Communication on marketing and communication activities. Reporting will be both historical and forward looking.
- MA/MS (in Communications, Marketing, Public Affairs, or other related field) plus six years of relevant experience in the communications field.
- Substantial and diverse experience in all facets off communications, marketing and/or public affairs and proven ability to conceptualize, design and implement major campaigns, strategies or programs.
- Good knowledge of the social economic context of African countries especially Zambia and awareness about challenges and opportunities related to the developments in the banking sector.
- Good knowledge of financial sector issues.
- Demonstrated political awareness, diplomatic and interpersonal skills required for cultivating effective client relationships/partnerships.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be part of our vibrant and result oriented team, send your application clearly stating the position you are applying for in your cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for receiving applications is 26th October 2020.
Method of Application
Submit your CV to JHRZambia@ecobank.com
Related Jobs (25)
RE-ADVERTISED: COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRY TERRITORY MANAGER on February 24, 2022 Full Time