HEAD OF STORES
KSM MANAMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced. HEAD OF STORES, for a client, in the mining industry.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the job is to ensure that all stores procedures are followed and audited.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all materials receipts, processing, fulfilment, movement pick-up, monitoring and dispatch at the plant.
- Approve all stock receipts (to) and dispatch (from) assigned plant.
- Plan, direct, evaluate efficiency of all depot inventory planning, and control activities.
- Ensure store is optimally utilized by constantly reviewing layout, space utilization and material flow to identify improvement areas.
- Ensure daily records of stores transactions are uploaded onto the system on a regular basis.
- Organize regular/periodic stock count exercises and ensure discrepancies are resolved on a timely basis.
- Investigate incidences of damaged/missing stock in the depot and escalate to superiors where necessary.
- Ensure all faulty credit stock is returned to supplier in a timely manner.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Take adequate steps, including leveraging of existing relationships to ensure timely resolution of depot-related issues and challenges.
- Implement approved HSE policies and procedures for stores safety.
- Ensure continuous review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of stores management policies, procedures and processes, identify improvement opportunities and make recommendations to the Deputy Plant Director (Operations & Maintenance).
- Develop periodic performance reports for review and decision making by the company executives
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Deputy Plant Director (Operations & Maintenance).
- Receipt stock in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- In-depth understanding of the Mining industry trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- Experience in using and implementing inventory systems.
- Very good knowledge of inventory planning and management principles and techniques.
- Good understanding of the distribution and logistics network in Zambia and assigned region.
- In-depth knowledge of local approved HSE policies.
- Working knowledge of SAGE or other planning applications
- Proven supervisory skills.
- The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management/Procurement or related discipline
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience in a senior position in stores, experience in the mining industry is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suits and SAGE Applications.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by / before 20th May 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.