Land governance stands on the edge of a revolution in efficiency, transparency, and accountability. Medici Land Governance is using blockchain and other technologies to build next-generation property and land administration systems which help individuals around the world connect with the global economy by establishing a record of their property ownership.
Without clear property ownership, developing economies cannot compete effectively in the global economy. Aspiring entrepreneurs cannot access credit and public services. Governments cannot effectively generate revenue, enforce property rights, or support functioning property markets. Medici Land Governance is using blockchain and other technologies to provide user-friendly, low-cost property and land administration systems.
As a public benefit corporation, we pledge to promote economic development and full financial inclusion by helping individuals in developing countries to establish formal ownership of their property.
Human Resource (HR) Specialist, Zambia
After successfully conducting a land titling pilot project in Lusaka, Zambia, Medici Land Governance will lead land titling operations on behalf of the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources throughout the Republic of Zambia. The HR Specialist, Zambia will support MLG’s land titling operations in Zambia, expanding upon MLG’s pilot project. Applicants for this role will have substantial human resources experience in Zambia and would report to the Operations Manager.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure the development and implementation of Human Resources procedures and systems throughout the company
- Lead company-wide HR procedures with or without the support of an external consultant
- Manage and maintain employee contracts of employment and staff files
- Ensure MLG Zambia operates in compliance with US and Zambian laws and policies
- Develop and lead the implementation of recruitment tools and processes
- Prepare monthly payroll input to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and benefits
- Coordinate and support new-employee training and on-boarding
- Monitor and review the performance appraisal system, ensuring that annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner.
- Manage employee’s medical insurance, and ensure all NAPSA, PAYE and other statutory obligations are submitted in a timely manner.
- Regularly coordinate and communicate with the Country Manager, Deputy Country Manager, Operations Director on HR issues
- Advise senior management regarding legal and staff management issues
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field is highly desirable; however, relevant work experience will also be considered
- 5+ years of human resources experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple teams and consultants
- Experience working for an international fast-paced company and high-intensity work environment.
- Legal authorization to work in Zambia
- Registered member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management (ZHRIM)
What We Hope You Have:
- Experience with Zambian Labor Laws and HR policies
- Experience in both startups and larger, more mature companies
- Knowledge of Nyanja and/or Bemba
- Self-starter and able to work independently
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Method of Application
If you meet the above criteria, email your application letter and curriculum vitae to the Operations Manager on email@example.com . Please ensure to indicate “Zambia Human Resources Specialist” as the subject of your email.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.Closing Date: 6th November 2020.