JOB OPPORTUNITY: MIDWIFE NURSE
KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM, becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country is now actively looking to recruit MIDWIFE NURSE for a client in the Medical Industry.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The MIDWIFE NURSE will be responsible for playing a crucial role in providing high-quality maternal and neonatal care to expectant mothers and newborns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of pregnant women, including medical history, physical examinations, and prenatal tests.
- Provide counselling and education to expectant mothers on prenatal care, nutrition, and birth planning.
- Monitor fetal development and maternal health, identifying and addressing any complications.
- Assist in the management of labor and delivery, ensuring the safety and well-being of both mother and baby.
- Administer medications and pain relief as necessary.
- Conduct deliveries, including vaginal and emergency cesarean sections, as required.
- Monitor and record vital signs and fetal heart rate during labor.
- Provide postpartum care and support to new mothers, including breastfeeding guidance and postnatal education.
- Assess and manage any postpartum complications or concerns.
- Offer emotional support and encouragement to mothers during the postpartum period.
- Conduct neonatal assessments and provide care to newborns.
- Assist in resuscitation and stabilization of newborns, as needed.
- Collaborate with the neonatal team to ensure the health and safety of premature or ill infants.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records for all patients.
- Ensure compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, including obstetricians, paediatricians, and nursing staff, to provide comprehensive care.
- Participate in multidisciplinary meetings and case discussions.
- Stay updated on the latest developments in midwifery and nursing through ongoing education and training.
- Mentor and train junior staff and nursing students, if applicable.
Education & Experience
- Diploma with relevant experience in Nursing or equivalent qualification, Bachelor’s degree is an added advantage
- Registered Nurse and Midwife certification in Zambia.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Midwife Nurse in a hospital setting.
- Current licensure and good standing with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Zambia.
- Proficiency in using medical equipment and technology.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Compassion and empathy for patients and their families.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and under pressure.
DEADLINE: 16th November, 2023
SALARY RANGE: K6,000 – K8,500, Net
To apply submit your resume, cover letter, and relevant certifications to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org