Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
- Preparation of medications for patients in the pharmacy.
- Receiving, verifying and filling the patient prescriptions.
- Completing patient paperwork related to the filling of prescription.
- Assisting with insurance claims processing.
- Stocking and pricing of medications in inventory in the system.
- Ensuring availability of drugs by liaising with pharmaceutical suppliers.
- Maintaining pharmacy’s safety regulations by adhering to infection-control procedures, policies and regulations.
- Inventory management in the prescribed manner for expired drugs to dispose of.
- Ensure adherence to the stipulated laws guiding the Practice of Pharmacy in Zambia.
- Ensure required licences are always valid.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned by the Supervisor,
Skills and Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in Pharmacy or the equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Fully registered and licensed
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with databases and medical guidelines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven work experience as a Pharmacy Technologist in Retail and clinic/hospital pharmacy
- Excellent communication, customer service, negotiation and sales skills.