KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced RETAIL MANAGER for a client, one of the biggest Oil Marketing Companies in the world.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this job is the management of Retail business in line with the company strategy and delivering the retail sales, operational and profitability targets for the Country.
The Retail Manager is accountable for the delivery of sales and operational targets while interfacing with all relevant departments (Commercial, Distribution, Supplies, Finance and Human Resources, etc.) in order to achieve short- and long-term scorecard objectives.
The Retail Manager is responsible for developing a team of Territory Retail Managers, Retail Convenience Manager, Training Manager and all the functions directly reporting to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the Retail Strategy and support it at all levels (network expansion plan, marketing activities, mystery shopper campaign, training and operational excellence, convenience retail and, HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) compliance
- Deliver volume and operational targets for all the lines of business under his/her operational control (Fuels, Lubricants, LPG, Retail Marketing, Training and Convenience retail) together with Financial targets (Margins and profitability) for Retail
- Manage departmental budget through strict control of costs to ensure no overspend
- Prepare the annual budgets, designate sales quotas and territories to the team and plan a training program to enhance staff (including station staff) work efficiency and increased sales
- Proactively engage and manage Dealer relationships for the mutual benefit of the company while ensuring resolution of all operational issues in liaison with all relevant departments (e.g. Operations, Finance etc.) as appropriate
- Coach and follow up on skills and competency development plan for the team and manage their performance through effective performance appraisal and feedback processes
- Monitor retail delivery of excellent customer service and compliance to Site Operations/HSSE standards, DLA and all legal and regulatory compliance (including but not limited to licenses by ZEMA, ERB etc.) by the Dealer through constant review and updating of relevant supportive operating manuals. Instigate remedial action plans where necessary
- Ensure Dealer compliance with laws and by-laws set up by National government, county government and relevant regulatory authorities as concerns the running of retail stations
- Oversee the end to end Dealer recruitment and appointment process while ensuring that the right Dealers are recruited, Dealers are matched to Stations based on their strengths and capacity (both financial and as related to business acumen), and that they operate as per laid down policies as prescribed in the DLA. Ensure Dealer relationship with the Company is handled in a proactive way through resolution of operational issues as and when they occur
- Handle all retailer communication effectively-on the Company vision, strategy, new initiatives as well as customer correspondence, complaints and on any other operational issues
- Ensure compliance to HSSE standards in all site operations
- Manage all types of contracts with Retailers to ensure any possible exposure is mitigated- availability of valid DLAs and timely renewal of all contracts with Dealers, Convenience retail partners and Landlords
- Ensure full compliance to the company credit policy and effectively deal with all issues that arise- working capital, security deposit, management of trade accounts receivables within relevant credit terms, prompt closure of trading accounts and no financial exposure to the company arising from business dealings with partners)
- Play a major role in prospecting for new Stations in line with country and network expansion aspirations and within set policies and procedure
- Provision of support to the subsidiaries in retail matters as necessary
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Related Field
- Relevant industry experience of not less than 10 years, with a bias in Retail operations, Territory Management. Five years must have been spent in a senior role in Retail
- Demonstration of Enterprise First behaviours (Leadership, Accountability, and Teamwork) and Company core values (Honesty, Integrity, and Respect for People)
- Demonstrate competence in managing a winning sales team, implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with Dealers, and delivering results through people
- Understanding the oil industry dynamics, Business & Competitors
- Analytical skills, formulating Strategies & Plans
- Retail Economics
- Project and priority management
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Leadership and coaching ability: able to motivate, coach & develop
- Working with teams
- Well organized and attention to details
The job involves local travel within the country with expected international travel to support subsidiaries.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by / before 28th January, 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.
Related Jobs (104)
OPERATIONS MANAGER on February 1, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary
Finance and Administration Officer on December 8, 2022 Temporary
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) on November 28, 2022 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on November 24, 2022 Temporary
FINANCE MANAGER on November 24, 2022 Full Time
Workshop Team Leader on November 18, 2022 Full Time
PA/FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on November 14, 2022 Temporary
RECEPTIONIST on September 13, 2022 Full Time
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR on September 6, 2022 Full Time