KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced SOURCING SPECIALIST for a client, who is one of the leading perishable goods logistics companies in Zambia.
Purpose of the Job:
The sourcing specialist will assist the company in effecting more efficient sourcing processes to save costs and maximize profitability. They negotiate with suppliers to obtain goods, materials, and services at the best prices by using strategic sourcing strategies and extensive knowledge of their commodity industry
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing suppliers and maintaining long-lasting relationships with them as well as existing suppliers.
- Track inventory and restock goods when needed.
- Expanding the portfolio of suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers, distributors and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Submitting purchase orders for approval and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the organization.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and new products.
- Compare available goods with industry trends to determine appropriate pricing.
- Properly documenting and archiving of data owing to defined requirements CIP – continuous improvement process within assigned responsibilities.
- Providing support and information to other departments regarding stock levels and purchases.
- Various additional tasks relevant to the position.
- Implementing inventory optimization strategies within the company.
- Obtaining quotes from different suppliers.
- Negotiating price, quantity, and delivery schedules with suppliers.
- Working with legal counsel to ensure that all contracts relating to product procurement contain all details of the negotiation.
- Assessing quotes and compiling a detailed assessment of cost breakdowns.
- Generating quote comparisons and contributing to internal supplier selection based on the quotes.
- Providing solutions to improve company spending and outsourcing.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Sound time-management and organizational skills.
- 3 Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field.
- Proven experience in sourcing processes.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace or similar tools.
- A thorough understanding of sourcing methodologies
Method of Application:
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by/before 8th April 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.