JOB OPPORTUNITY: TRUCK DRIVER
KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM, becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country is now actively looking to recruit TRUCK DRIVER in the Mining Industry.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The TRUCK DRIVER will be responsible for Transporting Company products in line with the distribution plan in the regional and local areas in a cost-effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport company products in line with the distribution plan in the regional and local areas in a cost-effective manner.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport company products in accordance with the distributions schedules provided by the Logistics Officer signed off by the Head Logistics.
- Maintain a drivers movement log and provide guidance to drivers on how to keep accurate records.
- Ensure that vehicle (and drivers) log books are properly maintained for input into vehicle management system and/ or monthly payroll.
- Review and have signed on periodic truck fueling requests, in line with approved provisions.
- Remind the Logistics Officer routine servicing and repair of the truck as required and maintain relevant documentations.
- Document details of accident occurrences and report to Logistics Officer.
- Develop and maintain a log for monitoring and tracking the itinerary of trucks to ensure optimal use.
- Check that vehicle licensing, renewals and other statutory registrations (e.g. Hackney permits) are in order before using the vehicle.
- Maintain fuel records of vehicles in the plant to check and prevent fraud and ensure optimal usage.
- Maintain and track records of fuel usage costs for all movements.
- Communicate and forward information regarding vehicle requirements to the Logistics Officer and Head of Logistics
- Perform periodic vehicle inspection, report incidences and provide recommendations to Logistics Officer and Head of Logistics.
- Prepare and submit monthly report of fleet activities to the Head, Plant Admin.
Education & Experience
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate.
- An experience of at least one (1) year driving with knowledge of auto mechanics.
- A good geographical knowledge of Zambia.
- A valid document for driving in the sub-region, a PSV-CE driver’s license, a recent certificate of fitness proving that you are fit to drive.
- A training certificate on first aid would be an asset.
- An experience working in cement plant would be an advantage.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a valid drivers license
- Must have a clean driving record
DEADLINE: 5th October, 2023.
Click here to apply : https://www.careers-page.com/gozambiajobszm/job/L3884W38