Onelife is licensed by the Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) specializing mainly in the corporate health sector but keen to expand into more individual business both in the health and life insurance sectors, requires, a versatile, dynamic, self-motivated, highly credible and suitably qualified individual to fill the vacant position of Accountant (1) reporting to the Head of Finance
Job Description Summary
- Preparation of Annual budget in coordination other department heads unit budgets and forecasting.
- Compile the master budget report for submission to the Board.
- Analysis of performance against budgets and reporting on variances against budgets and against forecasts.
- Review recommend and manage the implementation of sound financial policies procedures, and controls to achieve company’s strategic objectives.
- Manage high risk and problematic financial issues in area of accountability.
- Liaise regularly with the fund manager on appropriate avenues to invest while ensuring maximum returns on investments.
- Monitor revenue and expenditures in line with approved budgets and business performance and manage daily cash flows.
- Identifying opportunities for cost reduction and implement cost management techniques.
- Oversee the accuracy of financial information that is documented for all company’s records.
- Monitor accuracy of journal vouchers and related posting into the financial system to ensure correctness of capture of financial transactions.
- Ensure preparation and submission of accurate regulatory and statutory returns.
- Coordinate audits and tax consultants to ensure smooth closure of audit issues.
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Coordination of Internal and External Audits and issues closure.
- Review and Authorization of payments
- Ensure adherence to sound financial controls and regulatory compliance.
- Oversee the preparation of annual Financial Statements to ensure compliance with IFRS standards.
- Consolidate financial statements for the group.
- Review monthly management accounts to ensure timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and integrity of the reports.
- Reporting on performance vs Budgets and Reporting on Variances.
- Effectively manage performance within the team to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Assess the training needs of the department, carry out staff performance appraisals.
- Conduct continuous training, guidance, coaching and mentoring for the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounts/Finance)
- ACCA/CIMA)- Chartered Accountant
- MBA qualification is desirable.
- Minimum 7 years post qualification experience in financial management in an insurance and financial services environment
- Minimum 3 years in a management position
- Knowledge of the financial services, health, insurance and investment industry and applicable regulatory requirements and legislations.
Knowledge of Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and risk management principles.
Send your CVs and Professional qualifications before 31st March 2023 to:
email@example.com and Copy Careers@one.co.zm
Note: Please indicate the job title as the subject line in your email.
Related Jobs (72)
CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER on May 30, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTS INTERN on April 24, 2023 Internship
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
Trainee Accountants on March 17, 2023 Full Time Internship
DIRECTOR FINANCE/BOARD SECRETARY on March 16, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on February 7, 2023 Full Time
OPERATIONS MANAGER on February 1, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER on December 15, 2022 Full Time
Debt Collector on December 15, 2022 Full Time