KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ACCOUNTANT for a client, one of the biggest Oil Marketing Companies in the world.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this job is the management of payments in line with the company strategy.
The Accounts Payable Accountant is accountable for the correct and timely payments to suppliers, contractors, employees, etc. and must interface with all relevant departments (Selling and marketing, Operations-Engineering & Distribution, and Administration & Human Resources, etc.) in order to achieve short- and long-term scorecard objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prompt and correct payments to suppliers, contractors, statutory bodies, etc.
- Processing invoices, debit and credit notes in the system
- Weekly and Monthly Bank reconciliation – Bank US dollar Account and Bank collections
- Carry out nominal Ledger accounts reconciliations
- Preparation of payment vouchers in accordance with the weekly money request schedule
- Filing of all Payment vouchers, debit/credit advice in a chronological order
- Preparation of a weekly money request schedule
- Raising Journal entries – in respect of Bank charges, interest & inter-bank transfers
- Analyzing expense and income accounts
- Liaising with banks, suppliers and depots
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- The minimum level of education: First degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Maximum 5 years professional experience
- Understanding the oil industry dynamics, Business & Competitors
- Working with teams
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Demonstration of Enterprise First behaviours (Leadership, Accountability, and Teamwork) and Company core values (Honesty, Integrity, and Respect for People)
- Demonstrate competence in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with suppliers and debtors, and delivering results
- Good understanding of the company processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to carry out financial projections
- Knowledge of computerized accounting packages
- Good analytical abilities
The responsibilities of the job can be performed within the regular working hours
This position is heavily office-based.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by/before 21st January 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.
Related Jobs (43)
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (1) ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT – TEMP (1) on August 31, 2022 Full Time Temporary