The Base Manage (BM) will oversee the office management and hence support the successful implementation of GBV projects implemented across Luapula province, based out of Mansa. Working closely with the Project Manager in Mansa, the Programme Manager, Finance Manager and Operations Manager in Lusaka, the BM and team will ensure those project activities are implemented in coordinated partnership with the donor and local partners and in coordination with relevant technical and local authority stakeholders and in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Line management of support staff including security, finance, human resources, administration, procurement, IT, logistics, and service staff.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to NCA/JCP policies, guidance and national handbook, operations manual and donor/auditor requirements.
- Provide input on operational support and coordinate and align operational support with programme plans in JCP Mansa.
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation.
- Responsible for implementation of new NCA/JCP procedures, guidelines, and tools in Mansa with regards to operations
- Build staff capacity through training.
- Together with the support of HR focal point, ensure onboarding of new employees is properly conducted in good time.
- Ensure timesheets are correctly completed on time by all staff.
- Design and oversee the management of file management and archiving system including personnel files and correspondence.
- Fleet management of JCP vehicles.
- Carry out inventory on all the vehicles and record the missing items, document the status of the vehicle.
- Ensure procurement requests are properly raised and managed.
- Review documents before approval.
- Together with the Procurement & Logistics Officer ensure the procurement tracker is updated and shared with all requestors every Friday
- Make sure drivers fill the logbooks properly in accordance with procedures and account for fuel receipts.
- Manage the fuel tracker tool.
- Asset and inventory management.
- Be the focal point for security in Mansa.
- Whilst technical management of the work of finance staff based in Mansa will be conducted by the Finance Manager based in Lusaka, the Base Manager will provide line management including approving their leave and expenses and leading the Performance Development Review (PDR) process.
- Any other relevant and related tasks as required by the Operations Manager or Country Director
Required Competencies and Attributes
- Must be an honest and accountable person with resources.
- Good at negotiating, networking, and dealing with numbers.
- Planning and Organizing
- Professional attitude
- Team player
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Business Management; Operations; Procurement and Logistics; Supply Chain Management; or other related fields from a recognized University or Bachelor’s Degree with 10-year relevant experience.
- Must have 6 years experience in a similar role from an International or National NGO or other reputable organization.
- Must be a good problem solver, analytical, creative, and innovative.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Membership of any Zambian professional institutes (such as ZIPS etc. Preferred)
THOSE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MUST BE READY TO STAY AND WORK IN MANSA (Luapula Province)
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE