KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced COST AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT for a client in the Health Care industry.
Purpose of the Job
The Cost and Management Accountant (CMA) will assist management in understanding the exact cost of creating and distributing every product and service at different stages to minimize expenditure and ensure optimum utilization of resources.
He/she conducts herself/himself in a professional manner and always demonstrates good customer service towards all our clients, visitors, health professionals and fellow employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Costing; pricing of goods or services.
- Prepare and verify cost accounting and preparation of related statements.
- Analyse costs and create ways to reduce them. 4. Evaluate operating efficiency and effectiveness of service management in different departments of the organization.
- Use this analysis to compare financial performance; assessments and projections; provide figures for future costing and pricing policies and other related managerial decisions.
- Inform management on issues of the purchase price, inventory, human costs and related issues.
- Advise on a profitable product mix, identify business risks and ensure mitigation.
- Maintain an updated service price list. 9. Produce cost models for use and reference.
- Advise sites on any changes in price for services or products.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolution of related issues.
- Validate cost of goods sold as part of month-end closing.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as per company policy and GAAP.
- Work with the commercial department to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analysis.
- Report on break-even points by-products or site.
- Report on margins by site or product.
- Reporting on periodic variances and their causes, focusing on spending variances.
- Analysis of capital budgeting requests.
- Any other assignments in line with the job may be assigned from time to time.
- Must have a full CIMA or country equivalent. Must be registered with the Zambian Institute of Chartered
- Accountants (ZICA) and maintain an appropriate license.
- Must have at least 3-5 years post-qualification experience as a Cost Management accountant or in financial management in a health care setting or medium-sized Zambian company.
- Attend in-house training seminars as mandated by the Finance Manager.
- Good mathematics and accounting skills are required for this role.
- Demonstrates effective teamwork with other members of the finance and healthcare team.
- Communicate with clients and staff in a clear and professional manner. Demonstrate ability to manage difficult clients in a professional manner.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Always adhere to the company uniform policy and code of conduct.
- Must complete company staff induction/orientation program.
- Must be punctual to work.
- Must be honest, trustworthy and act with integrity at all times
- Ensure that there is a clear audit trail for all client account dealings, payroll management, billing inquiries, disputes, outstanding payments and paid invoices.
- Produces work of a standard that is acceptable to the Finance Manager and the C.E.O.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by / before 11th February, 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.
Related Jobs (41)
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (1) ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT – TEMP (1) on August 31, 2022 Full Time Temporary