ZCAS invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Director-Professional Studies.
REPORTS TO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
JOB PURPOSE: To direct, coordinate and manage high-quality accountancy and other
professional training programmes meeting stringent international standards to ensure that the
Centre delivers in terms of student numbers, pass rates and profitability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulates, for the approval of the Executive Director, strategies, policies and action
plans for the department designed to achieve set objectives of increasing student
numbers and maximizing utilization of the Centre’s resources;
- Produces master timetables and schedules for supporting training programmes, prior to
commencement of each semester and coordinates and monitors their effective
- Prepares and submits a Departmental Budget that supports approved strategies and
work plans and ensures that each training programme contributes to the Center’s
- Reviews all training programmes provided by the Centre for quality and
appropriateness, and develops new ones, in order to meet market requirements;
- Coordinates research in collaboration with the Head Research, Consultancy and
Advocacy for identifying training needs of Government, public and private sectors and
ensures that information is collected for updating the Center’s syllabi while keeping in
touch with market trends;
- Plans for and deploys lecturing staff to meet course requirements and monitors their
performance to ensure the provision of quality products and services to students and other
- Supervises, on a daily basis, the work of programmes for all Lecturers in the
Directorate. Monitors and controls the working hours and absences of all Lecturers, to
ensure a high level of performance;
- Develops and implements appropriate instruments for monitoring the quality of courses
and the training provided, Lecturers’ abilities and adherence to international standards;
- Ensures that training courses are aggressively marketed through the media and other
channels, and represents the Centre at local and international fora;
- Evaluates the impact of training programmes provided by ZCAS by obtaining feedback
from students and other clients;
- Provides advice to the Executive Director on matters related to training programmes
provided by the Centre;
- Identifies gaps in knowledge or skills of various lecturing staff. Conducts and arranges
training, workshops, or seminars, to enhance the performance and professional
competence of all instructional staff;
- Identifies, in consultation with Course Managers, and sources relevant course materials
and books from local and international suppliers.
- Monitors and reviews the performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their
- Mentor and coach subordinates to ensure that they perform up to expectation;
- Prepares lessons, teaches/lectures and assesses students taking final stages of
professional accountancy courses such as ACCA, CIMA, ZICA, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Certificate with Five (5) credits or better including English and Mathematics;
- Professional Qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, ZICA.
- Holder of an earned Masters’ degree in Finance or Business-related area from an
- A PhD/ DBA will be an added advantage.
- Ten (10) years experience in a similar work environment with at least five years at
- Senior Management Level.
- Should be a fellow of a Professional Body.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
i. Strategic and Business planning.
ii. Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
iii. High level of analytical skills.
iv. Advanced Knowledge of Information, Technology and Communication
INTERESTED QUALIFIED PERSONS SHOULD ADDRESS THEIR APPLICATIONS TO:
The Board Secretary
Dedan Kimathi Road
Email to: email@example.com
Enclose certified photocopies of academic and professional qualifications, National Registration
Card and detailed signed curriculum vitae. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 11th