World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Programme Manager (Securing Durable Solutions Project) – Lusaka
Reporting to: Associate Director- Humanitarian Emergency Affairs
Purpose of the Position:
The incumbent will be responsible for providing general oversight and coordination of the day to day operations of the project – the Ultra-Poor Graduation Model: Securing Durable Solutions for Persons of Concern and their hosts in Zambia. S/He will oversee the Ultra-Poor Graduation programming to contribute towards sustainable livelihoods and self-reliance of 1200 refugee and host community households in Zambia, which spans Mantapala (Nchelenge) and Maheba (Kalumbila) refugee settlements. The position will also have a coordination role, i.e. representing the organisation at various livelihood sector meetings at the two settlement areas where World Vision Zambia will be implementing refugee livelihood programming.
- Manage and coordinate development and implementation of program implementation instruments including DIP, ITT, Procurement Plan for the project.
- Provide technical leadership and coordination of the field teams to ensure they deliver on the project outputs and that the same is accurately reported.
Networking, Collaboration, and Liaison
- Attend scheduled meetings for various Sector/Clusters/Working Groups based on the request from Operation Manager and HEA Director
- Prepare meeting update/minutes and share resolutions from the same meeting with Operation Manager and HEA Director
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Lead integrated research and learning initiatives for the generation of lessons learnt and knowledge for enhanced program effectiveness.
- Manage quality implementation and monitoring of the programme within scope, time, and budget.
- Produce consolidated quarterly, annual and semi-annual reports for sharing with other stakeholders.
- Support the documentation and dissemination of promising practices for future programming.
- Support the development of data repository for the programme for better knowledge management and utilization
Finance & Budget Management
- Generate project budgets ensuring that all key areas are adequately budgeted for to achieve the set targets/goals.
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and WVZ
- Work closely with Finance Manager to ensure grant/project compliance and project expenditures are reasonable, allocable, and prudent, and spent following donor rules and regulations to ensure compliance with external audit.
- Track projects’ expenditure and reporting.
- Facilitate effective staff orientation to enable staff to understand their roles and World Vision systems and procedures.
- Build capacity of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency.
- Manage performance of programme staff for increased accountability
- Support team and organizational learning to promote a culture of mutual respect amongst staff
- Market the refugee programming, engage and build relationships with existing and potential donors to ensure continuity in support and funding
- Support proposal development to complement current funding in project sites
Other duties as designated by his/her delegate.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, management business administration, international development, food security. livelihoods or any related field.
- Additional professional qualifications such as Masters in a related Technical area or experience in grant management is added advantage.
- At least (10) years of experience in project management and administration of similar magnitude, financial management, award cooperative agreement compliance, sub award management, tracking project performance and costs
- Experience working within refuge, IDP and Humanitarian Programming and a good listener and constant learner
- Proven ability to manage complex partnership relationships including effective coordination with stakeholders.
- Technical expertise in managing integrated project with Protection, Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihood programming
- Experience in an emergency context or programs of similar scope and size is beneficial
- Experience adhering to the Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct, Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), ECB Good Enough Guide, donor requirements and WV Humanitarian Accountability Framework
- Experience and skills in partnership building, especially with the donors, private sector, NGO and local community organizations
- Demonstrated strong analytical, managerial, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Proven ability in the management of large integrated programs
- Positive collaboration and facilitation skills; Leadership of large and diverse teams; Diplomacy,
- Commitment to WV Core Values and Mission Statement
- Technical training qualifications required in any of the following desired professional skills: Food Security, Livelihoods, Social Work & Community Development
- Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Financial Management (Non-Finance Managers)
- Computer Literacy (excel & word plus internet navigation) and Very good report writing skills
- A People person with donor engagement, coordination and advocacy skills
- Ability to adapt in different work environments: office based and field work (rural and peri-urban)
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
|Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!|