Job Title: Regional Director
Location: Copperbelt, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party, Technical Programs
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Regional Director for Copperbelt and Northwestern Provinces. The Regional Director will be based in Copperbelt in Kitwe. S/he will be the overall leader responsible for the successful planning, budget execution, implementation, and monitoring of program activities and operations for the Copperbelt Province. When funding permits, the project will expand its activities to Northwestern Province and the Regional Director will oversee the program in both provinces. The Regional Director will work closely with colleagues in the Lusaka, Kabwe, and Choma offices.
The core program components for which this position provides leadership and oversight include the full cascade of clinical HIV services delivered in private-sector sub-recipient sites, Total Market Approaches to private sector engagement in the provision of products and services, behavioral interventions, sub-grant management, strategic information and research. and finance and administration. The Copperbelt project office will have approximately 20 staff including JSH and partner employees. This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party based in Lusaka and will be a member of the project senior management team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership for strategic and annual planning to ensure that ZAM-Health program approaches reflect the project’s theory of change and address the constraints that inhibit more effective private sector participation in delivering health products and services.
- Provides overall management to ensure cost effective and timely program implementation and budget execution. Supervises finance, operations, and human resources activities for the office, and provides regular progress reports to the DCOP for Technical Services.
- Leads and supervises the ZAM-Health regional office personnel engaged in project implementation and monitoring of HIV service delivery and project private sector engagement activities. Provides clinical oversite for HIV service delivery activities in sub-recipient sites.
- Ensures that the project adheres to national and internationally accepted technical norms and standards.
- Holds the final responsibility for refining, implementing and regularly updating program management systems and tracking tools.
- Provides direct supervision to key Copperbelt office staff including the Technical Officers and Finance & Operations Manager. Develops individual roles and responsibilities, define tasks, develop and document professional development plans, and conduct performance appraisals with supervisee(s).
- Identifies capacity strengthening needs of ZAM-Health personnel and sub-recipients. Ensures that Regional ZAM-Health project personnel and/or Ministry of Health counterparts provide timely and effective training or mentorship to strengthen the skills of ZAM-Health staff, sub-recipients, and private sector partners as needed.
- Represents the ZAM-Health project in interaction with internal and external counterparts, partners, and stakeholders. Builds an excellent collaborative network with key private sector, Ministry of Health and implementing partners.
- Organizes and facilitates public-private dialogue and partnerships to overcome barriers in healthcare access and utilization, particularly in the areas of family planning and HIV.
- Ensures timely preparation of all necessary reports from the region, and especially inputs to monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports. Leads the Regional team in documenting best practices and approaches throughout project implementation.
- Ensures that JSH program, finance, operations, employee manuals and related forms are followed and ensure staff trained on use. Liaises as necessary with the Lusaka staff to be in line with overall project guidance.
- Provides guidance to the sub-partner staff in programmatic and contractual areas.
- Travels as needed for implementation and monitoring of program activities.
- Provides oversight for program, finance, operations and human resources areas in the Regional Office.
- Implements and adheres to JSH’s personnel, finance, operations and fraud management policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party or other senior staff.
- MD or equivalent required. A Master’s degree in public health or project management would be an added advantage;
- A minimum of ten years direct work experience in Zambia in health systems, management and programming.
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience on a donor-funded health project. USAID and working knowledge of U.S. government rules and regulations are strongly desired.
- Expertise working in partnership with local and national level governments, private sector, donors, and project partners, and other stakeholders.
- Proven management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
- Ability to take initiative, lead teams, and convene stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party, Technical Programs
Mode of Application:
Send an application via email ONLY to email@example.com. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: August 14, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Jobs (98)
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER on April 19, 2023 Full Time
PA TO THE CEO (RE-ADVERTISED) on April 13, 2023 Temporary
TRAVEL CONSULTANT / PA on April 3, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary
Finance and Administration Officer on December 8, 2022 Temporary
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) on November 28, 2022 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on November 24, 2022 Temporary
Workshop Team Leader on November 18, 2022 Full Time
PA/FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on November 14, 2022 Temporary
RECEPTIONIST on September 13, 2022 Full Time