KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced RETAIL TERRITORY MANAGER for a client, one of the biggest Oil Marketing Companies in the world.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this job is the management of Retail Stations in line with the company strategy, policies and procedures to ensure delivery of sales volume targets for Fuels, Lubricants and LPG, operational and profitability targets per station within the territory and for the entire territory as a whole while ensuring all Station operations are conducted within the law as prescribed by various duly constituted regulatory bodies and in keeping with the laws of the country.
The Retail Territory Manager will be the liaison between the company and the dealer, ensuring all operations at the station from the sale of Fuels, Lubricants, LPG and non-fuel retailing activities conducted at the station are done in a safe manner with due regard to the Company HSSE policies and industry best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draws up a P&L forecast at least once a year for each station under his/her Jurisdiction and balances the P&L forecast for Company Operated Stations
- Develops a profitability grid for each Company Owned- Dealer Operated (CODO) and Dealer Owned – Dealer Operated (DODO) Stations
- Calculates the working capital requirement for the operation of each Company Operated Station and revises it as soon as necessary
- Conducts monthly gauging (dip readings) in each of the Stations and performs monthly Station pump index readings in order to verify compliance with exclusive supply rules
- Measures fuel losses and gains by performing meter dip analysis and recommend necessary action to mitigate and reduce the losses that are above tolerance
- Conducts a monthly shop inventory for each of the Stations
- Measures shop losses and gains and calculate the actual margin per product family by performing a balance of materials
- Conducts a monthly check of cash for each of the Company Operated Stations and calculates cash in hand and banking reconciliations against sales
- Handles the end of dealer contracts and manages the commercial aspects of contracts with dealers
- Recovers receivables and collects unpaid invoices to ensure no outstanding overdue amounts (TAR management)
- Controls HSEQ standards, Station quality levels and maintenance activity
- Trains station staff on products, customer service and safety and conduct the training by using the checklist
- Proposes training plan and ensures that station staff attends compulsory training sessions
- Builds and follows action plans for each Station
- Recruits and coaches’ dealers and give them one-on-one advice
- Analyses sales of Fuels, LPG and Lubes on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and diversification sales on monthly basis and ensures achievement of monthly and annual sales and profitability targets for each site
- Monitor territory delivery of the Customer Commitment (Monthly service standard and housekeeping checks, Mystery shopper surveys) and compliance to Site Operations/HSSE standards, contracts and all legal and regulatory compliance by the Dealer. Instigate remedial action plans where necessary
- Schedules sales activity with Station visits every week by using CRM solution
- Prepares sales reports and carries out market research
- Bachelor degree
- Excellent knowledge of Group procedures, standards and norms
- Minimum 2 years experience in the retail business
- In-depth computer knowledge in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Team player
- Negotiation skills
- Coaching ability
- Able to Motivate, Coach & Develop
- Attention to details
Normal work pattern with travel within a territory
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by/before 21st January 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.