JOB TITLE: Accountant
- To Understand and interpret fully the policies and procedures pertaining to your area of responsibility
- Monitor control systems and assist in formulating effective measures when necessary
- Maintain high standards and uphold an image of excellence in accordance with the Company’s Mission Statement.
- Manage all company related activities rationally and efficiently by means of delegated authority and responsibility.
- Ensure effective communication at all levels in the company.
- Ensure the continual training of all employees in accounts related ways of doing business.
- Build, motivate and lead a dynamic team to achieve high standards and increase profitability of the company.
- Prepare budgets, institute cost control measures and achieve set targets.
STATEMENT OF MAIN DUTIES:
Under the supervision of General Manager, the job holder will be responsible for undertaking the following duties:
- Monthly Preparation of Management accounts
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis reports
- Compare monthly actual figures against the monthly budgets
- Ensuring all nominal journals are raised.
- Updating and maintaining the fixed asset register
- Ensuring that daily cash flow is prepared by bookkeepers.
- Ensuring adequate preparations are done for external year end audit
2. DEBTORS & CREDITORS
- Monthly dispatch of customer’s statements
- Review debtors’ and creditors’ reconciliations
- Checking and verifying exchange losses and gains on international debtors and creditors
- Authorizing all journals for creditors, debtors and accounts
- Ensuring that statutory returns and payments are made before due dates
4. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Ensuring the optimum utilization of human resources
- Ensure that the departments fulfill commitments to clients
- Developing a team spirit among all employee and other department
- Supervising and providing guidance to all Account personnel
- Checking of all nominal ledger reconciliations
- Checking cash books reconciliations
- Checking intercompany reconciliations
6. BANKING & PETTY CASH
- Ensure correct banking and petty cash procedures are followed
7. STOCK TAKE
- Ensuring that the monthly stock take is supervised by staff from Accounts
- Assist in costing of products
- Ensuring that the general manager, group accountant and the finance director are informed of activities and developments
9. WAGES PAYROLL
- Ensure that the wages payroll is correct
- To make sure all company employees are paid on time
10. OTHER DUTIES
- Safety and security of company information and documents
- Perform other duties that may be delegated by superior.
- 5 “O” Level passes with English and mathematics a pre-requisite
- Full ACCA /ZICA /CIMA or any Accounting Degree equivalent
- 3 years Post qualification experience 2 years of which, must be at Accountant level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of accounting package Pastel and Sage packages will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature individual – at least 35 years of age
- Computer skills
- Should be a paid up member of ZICA
If you meet the above criteria, email your application letter and curriculum vitae to the Human Resource Officer on email@example.com not later than 28th February 2020. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Jobs (41)
ACCOUNTANT (Temporal) on April 11, 2023 Temporary
BOOTH CASHIER on December 13, 2022 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on December 13, 2022 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on November 28, 2022 Full Time
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – MICROFINANCE on September 29, 2022 Full Time
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (1) ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT – TEMP (1) on August 31, 2022 Full Time Temporary
Finance and Administration Manager on July 21, 2022 Full Time
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR on July 18, 2022 Full Time
Head Of Financial Servicers on July 6, 2022 Full Time
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT on May 6, 2022 Full Time