KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced GROUP ACCOUNTANT for a client.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The group accountant will oversee the finances of the Group and will ensure that all companies follow the correct accounting standards. You will produce management accounting information to steer leadership decisions making. The group financial accountant will be based at the head office and will oversee the accounts of all subsidiary companies within the group as well as completing, consolidating and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for all KSM GROUP financial affairs which include, but are not limited to, financial reporting, financial control, liquidity monitoring and management, financial management and regulatory compliance and financial reporting;
- Provide accounting technical support to the business on proposed ventures and impact assessments of new financial reporting standards;
- Ensure compliance with IFRS standards;
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for various entities within the Group;
- Develop and undertake internal audits of companies within the group to ensure compliance with group policies;
- Project accounting including financial analysis;
- Working with heads of department on various ad-hoc improvement projects;
- Maintain statutory registers and tax authorities reporting requirements;
- Management, track and monitor assets through a properly managed Asset Register
- Be responsible for the production of the financial statements for the Group Annual Report and interim report;
- Be responsible for managing and coordinating with the external audit;
- Involved with ensuring that all accounting and payroll systems are working efficiently and are up to date.
- Communicate effectively with the Group Directors and other team members to enable timely integration of strong group controls;
- Prepare cash-flow forecasts to ensure cash is managed efficiently and effectively and manage working capital.
- To source for new business on Payroll outsourcing/management;
- To establish budget guidelines, management, monitoring and controlling budgets;
- To manage cash flows, control cash flows and prepare cash flow forecasts and reports;
- To develop and maintain internal financial controls to ensure integrity, accuracy, the sufficiency of financial information;
- To produce Financial Performance and Management reports for the Group business and to protect the Company’s financial performance status to aid decision making;
- To produce management reports by reviewing the activities of the department’s monthly and produce management reports to inform management on the performance of the organization;
- To develop financial policies and procedures which are in line with the strategic direction of the Firm;
- To coordinate Group Financial and Performance Meetings;
- To manage the various Finance Systems / Software such as PASTEL, BELINA etc and ensure that up and running and ensure the effective use of these
- Manage the company’s Financial services and ensure that new ideas and innovations are implemented.
- Ensure that RECONCILIATIONS are done for all financial functions.
- To perform any other tasks/assignments as may be required from time to time.
- CA / CIMA / ACCA
- An MBA in Finance or Business Administration would be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience.
- Solid technical background, including consolidated reporting and statutory reporting experience.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Should understand company laws, taxation rules of EA Region, all Statutory requirements-NAPSA, NHIS, VAT, WHT, PAYE, Training levy
- Able to review data and report on Income, expenses and all books of accounts.
- Preparation of budgets and Strategic planning
- Preparation of accounts and presentation to the auditors.
- Should be a paid-up Member of ZICA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good time management.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by / before 26st February, 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.
Related Jobs (103)
CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER on May 30, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTS INTERN on April 24, 2023 Internship
ACCOUNTANT (Temporal) on April 11, 2023 Temporary
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on March 24, 2023 Full Time
Trainee Accountants on March 17, 2023 Full Time Internship
DIRECTOR FINANCE/BOARD SECRETARY on March 16, 2023 Full Time
ACCOUNTANT on February 7, 2023 Full Time
OPERATIONS MANAGER on February 1, 2023 Full Time
PA/ FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER on January 16, 2023 Temporary