KSM MANAMENT CONSULTANT, the largest HR firm in Zambia recently acquired GOZAMBIAJOBS.CO.ZM becoming the largest recruitment platform in the country and is now actively looking to recruit an experienced AGRONOMY SUPERVISOR, for a client in the Agricultural Industry.
Purpose of the Job
The Agronomy Supervisor is responsible for the management of Agronomy operations on the Farm as well as supervision of employees
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise sustainable agronomic practices with the objective of closing the gap between the actual and the attainable yield potentials for each field on each estate
- Support adoption and embedding of agreed best practices, frameworks, frameworks, minimum standards and processes for agronomy.
- Implement and supervisor agronomic trials (fertilizers and crop protection) required by the head of agricultural optimization as part of a continuous productivity initiative.
- Supervise and monitor fertilizer, weed control and ripener programs
- Supervise farm nursery fields, monitor seed quality, and ensure regular disease inspections are carried out.
- Ensure all commercial and nursery fields are timeously surveyed for pests and diseases, and that their infestation levels and recommendations are communicated to the relevant parties.
- Ensure all agronomic data is captured for trend analysis, reporting and decisions making.
- Support agronomic optimization by adopting new technologies and methods and ensure continuous improvement by implementing best practices and conducting regular system checks.
- Monitor trends to understand impact of adopted practices, and refine practices accordingly
- Promote and adhere to Company procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
- Minimum of grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with 5 credits in English, Math’s, Sciences and any other subjects.
- Diploma in General Agriculture from recognized institution
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in similar capacity with traceable references.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by / before 20th JULY 2022 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.