We are looking for a Café Manager to organize daily operations and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Café Manager Responsibilities include scheduling shifts for baristas and wait staff, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies like coffee, milk and snacks, as needed. To be successful in this role you should have work experience with various roles in coffee shops. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and turn our café into a favourite local spot.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the café
- Hire and onboard new wait staff and baristas
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed (like takeaway cups, coffee, milk and other ingredients)
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences (for example vegan coffee drinks)
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure all café areas are clean and tidy
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
- Work experience as a Café Manager or Barista
- Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
- Good math skills
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- High school diploma
- Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus
- School Leaving Certificate (Grade 12).
- Degree or better in Business Administration, Hospitality or related fields
- 3-5 years of work experience in an administrative/procurement role
- Sales experience will be an added advantage
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Knowledge of Cake Business
- Knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Managing multiple and changing priorities at once.
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Good typing and keyboard skills.
- Managing administrative processes
- A good level of English spelling and grammar.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Sales, Promotion & Marketing
- Preparing packages to boost sales
- Social Networking/Social Media Marketing
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, energetic
- Innovativeness and initiative
- Problem Solving and analytical skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good telephone answering skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High level of discretion and judgement.
- Not getting bored easily.
- Having a lot of patience.
- Good Personal presentation
- Food & Hygiene Competent would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of baking and cake decorating would an added advantage
- Computer graphics and design skills ie. The use of photo shop is an advantage with this role.
- Be friendly and approachable.
Method of Application
Should you closely fit the above requirements and are interested in this position, kindly send your CV to: Email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by / before 22nd December, 2021 clearly stating in the e-mail subject line the POSITION you are applying for or Visit our websites: http://www.ksm.co.zm / www.gozambiajobs.co.zm or Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store search for: RECRUITER KSM.
KSM – WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO JOBS AND JOBS TO PEOPLE.